As I said in my Mozzarella, Mushroom, and Caramelized Onion Bites post, my favorite thing to bring to holidays is appetizers. Perfect for munching on as dinner is being fixed. This recipe by Pillsbury for Cranberry-Cream Cheese Crescent Bites is the PERFECT appetizer for holiday occasions. The cranberries make them so festive and a little spice balances perfectly with the cream cheese. Not to mention that I’m a slut for a crescent roll.
This recipe is super simple, but very effective in terms of becoming family favorite.
Start out by chopping up your chives and dried cranberries and seeding and finely dicing your jalapenos.
Heat your oven up to 375 degrees and lining a couple cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, mix your cream cheese, cranberries, chives, and jalapenos.
Unroll your crescent dough on a work surface and press hard on all of the perforations to make it one large sheet of dough. Cut the dough into 6 rows by 4 rows in order to make 24 squares.
Place one teaspoon of the mixture into the center of each square, bring the four corners together, and twist them at the top. Spread them evenly across the two cookie sheets.
Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown, and VOILA. Easy holiday potluck masterpiece.
This is the perfect stress-free recipe for your holiday events, and lord knows we can all use some stress relief this season, amiright?
PROTIP: Wear gloves when slicing jalapenos, especially if you haven’t dropped that nasty nail biting habit that you’ve had all of your life. Talk about an all day shocker. I think it took me three days to get the pepper juice out from under my fingernails. And that was after I scratched my face and gave myself a chemical burn mustache. Be warned.
Also, in other big news, I graduated from college this week! It’s been a long
15 5.5 years, but it’s been a sweet one. It’s about time that I got out. I’m excited to experience the next leg of my life’s journey! Or at least have more time for sleep.
I hope everyone is having a lovely holiday season and that you all get some much needed downtime after this long 2016.
What are you bringing to your family’s for the holidays? Let me know down below!
Check out some other recipes on my site as well!
Pillsbury's Cranberry-Cream Cheese Crescent Bites
Make sure to wear gloves or wash hands well after dicing jalapenos!
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 tbs dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp seeded jalapeno chile, finely diced
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line two cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, mix cream cheese, cranberries, chives, and jalapenos.
- Unroll dough on work surface. Firmly press perforations to seal into one sheet. With pizza cutter or knife, cut into 6 rows by four rows to make 24 squares.
- Place 1 teaspoon of cream cheese mixture onto center of each square. Bring four corners together to overlap slightly in center at top. Twist and pinch to seal, leaving small gaps between seams.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.